Wednesday, April 4, 2012

We've Turned A Corner

Babies are cute and everyone wants to hold them.
Toddlers are funny and everyone wants to talk with them.
Tweens are getting harder to understand and you enjoy their awkwardness.
Teens are crazy and you thought you were young and cool enough to get them but you realize you don't and it's a day by day battle.

Krissy my first baby was always good and fun to be around. She and I had some really good times when she was younger. In her tweens we were still good although I had some challenges. When she turned 13 I was pulling my hair out! What in the world is wrong with my daughter! The only way I could survive was taking it one day at a time! 

My Krissy baby is turning 17 on sunday. Easter sunday! And all of a sudden we have turned a sort of corner. She has finally emerged from the dark and dreary existence to a newer one. She is happier and bubblier. She and I have been laughing again, and not in a way where she is laughing at me but really with me!

I don't know if this is typical of entering upon the early adult years or not. Or if it's a girls versus boys thing. But I am trying to cherish every minute with her. It is so nice as she has a lot of really good things to say and going on in her mind and we can finally talk about things. In such a different way. I love it! 

Don't get me wrong she still has some teen attitude but things have definately gotten better! 


No comments:

Post a Comment