Friday, August 12, 2011

Good One

I read this in my e-newsletter from Evergreen Community Church, my favorite, and I wanted to share, it's a good one!

Hard to picture how our Father sees us and not sure I fully agree on this perspective, however to think about it differently, that's what was a good eye opener for me!



E-Thought::
by Tim Weber

"See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!" 1 John 3:1 (NIV)

Lately I've been thinking a lot about the different character aspects of God. It's very easy for me to picture God as a person who teaches me things; a person who will take my life, my choices (even bad ones) and do something wonderful with them. I can easily picture God as a father who lovingly directs and disciplines me; someone who is a very involved in my life, but perhaps a little distant and not super personal. It's more difficult for me to grasp the reality that I am a child of God. He's my daddy! Do I see Him as a loving dad that smiles when he thinks of me? Do I see Him as a dad that deeply longs to spend time with me and bends a knee to listen to what I want to say to Him? As a dad who is truly proud of me? Or a dad who sees me as I am, yet still loves me unconditionally and perfectly in every way? How about a dad that doesn't even remember my past mess ups and lives as though they never even happened? A dad that is with me every moment of my life and passionately wants me to win in life! Seeing God through this lens seems a little tougher at times. Our failures can lead us to miss this real and accurate picture of our heavenly father. And when we do, it greatly effects our outlook on life, our joy, our hope, how we view our circumstances, and even how we view other people.

I want to simply remind you of the amazing truth that if you are born again, you are a child of the most amazing daddy the world has or will ever know. Nothing you can or will ever do will change to even the smallest extent the character of God or the ultra-pure and perfect love that He has for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment